Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Winter Project Sets

Hi everyone. First time posting here, and I'm back in the hobby for the first time since 1988! Here are two sets I'll be working on over the winter, a 1957 Golden D swivel model and a 1960 Bristol blond finish set. I'll post progress as it happens.

Welcome to the Phorum, MuzzcoVW! Those are two great looking sets! Looking forward to your restoration threads this Winter! Take care and BE HEALTHY! Gary

"Don't pity the dead, pity the living, above all, those living without love."
Professor Albus Dumbledore
Gary - Westland Michigan

Thanks Gary! And tomorrow I'll edit out part of my post about my wanted items... I didn't see the rule before I posted.  Have a great evening.

Hello MuzzcoVW ,
Those two sets like like they will keep you busy this winter and glad to see a new face here !
Sincerely Richard

You have a couple of very nice looking sets there! Lot's of knowledge here about restoring and getting those sets running.

If I could find the place called "Somewhere", I could find "Anything" Icon_confused

Tim

Jesus cried out and said, "Whoever believes in me , believes not in me but in him who sent me" John 12:44

TV MAN thanks. I look forward to seeing the progress on your Predicta as well. My flyback in the blond set (10L30 chassis) is in the same condition. I started flaking off the outer coating and it all basically fell off. When I brought it up on variac initially I had a small amount of arcing after a couple minutes so I shut it down right away. I don't see any carbon tracking so I believe I'll start with some corona dope and see what happens. I'm debating doing this and testing before I recap, I haven't decided on that yet.