Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

46-1209 dynamic reproducer

After all these years my dynamic reproducer needs to be replaced. I have to keep moving the needle to around to make it work and now it just wont work. Is it possiable to find a replacement or have the one I have repaired?

Hi

It seems like Gib at West-Tech told me once that those "dynamic" cartridges can't be repaired, but it would be worth asking to be sure:

http://www.west-techservices.com/

If it can't be fixed, you will have to replace it with a magnetic cartridge (which is what the "dynamic" cartridge really is). Don't forget that 78 rpm stylus! You can still buy Stanton cartridges and 78 rpm styli from some vendors. You'll need to deal with tracking weights, also, which is beyond my area of "expertise." Icon_smile

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Thanks Ron for the advise. I'll check around for a Stanton.
I also would like to say thanks for all your advise on doing a recap. I know I asked lots of rookie questions. this radio was a Christmas present to my mom back in 46 and the last thing I wanted to do was short the whole thing out. The recap went fine and it plays stronger than ever (execpt the radio).

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
Philco 89B code 123 newbie
Getting started on my first Philco here, done some research and hopefully I now know enough to be dangerous.  :) Overal...Kurt P — 01:44 AM
Delco car radio Peko vibrator converstion issues
Richard, I reviewed the Panasonic specification sheets for this type capacitor and though dV/dt is discussed, there a...Chas — 11:48 AM
Philco Shipping Crate
I picked up a nice set of KLH 20 speakers ca 1980, for $40, and a Telefunken 5083W "Allegro" AM FM SW radio, a...MrFixr55 — 10:52 AM
Philco Model 71B
Absolutely looking at replacing the arch veneer and sides. Good luck stripping the front face ... hope the paint hasn't...GarySP — 10:31 AM
1953 Music Masters 620-9 Australian Radio Restore
That's a very interesting radio Buzz. Looking forward to more installments on this one!Eliot Ness — 10:31 AM
Philco Model 71B
OOPs, Dumb me. The title of the post is Model 71B. DUH!! Yes, the 71 uses an autodyne detector, but it is more like t...MrFixr55 — 10:21 AM
Philco Model 71B
Give us a pic or two of the back and such to make a better assessment of it.  So far I'm kinda liking it as it but the s...Radioroslyn — 10:02 AM
Delco car radio Peko vibrator converstion issues
Is the can somehow grounded?morzh — 07:04 AM
Philco Shipping Crate
??? what?morzh — 07:03 AM
Philco Shipping Crate
We also use these crates to ship different types of artwork. I fully recommend them for art crating.Pop Alexandra — 06:17 AM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently 1735 online users. [Complete List]
» 2 Member(s) | 1733 Guest(s)

>