Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

RCA Victor R-15

Could someone with Riders volume 1 scan a copy of the schematic for the RCA Victor R-15 for me? I believe it is on 1-14 under RCA Victor.

The copy on Nostalgia Air is unreadable and Riders Vol 1 is one that I don't have.

Thanks

-Keith

It's also a Radiola 48. The big, heavy vertical TRF chassis, right?

Those sets must have been in a contest with the Baldwin Locomotive Company for weight. However, they were reportedly very good sets.

I'm sure I have the RCA Radiola 48 service book, but just where to look is the problem.

The early Victors are surprisingly GOOD receivers for TRF sets. I had an RE32 that had amazing reception. It had, if I remember correctly, FOUR RF amplifier circuits before the detector.

HOWEVER, the Victors are TOUGH to work on.

Keith, I have a copy of the R-15 from Vol I that you requested. Let me know how to get it to you.It is a pretty good copy.

Dave D

Ijust did a google search for: "RCA Radiola 48. It has the entire RCA service booklet with a clear full page schematic diagram, as well as the rest of the book.

Thanks Dave and Doug for the info.

I hope it turns out to be a good performer. I have had it for a few years now got it from my parents for a birthday present. It's missing the dial bezel which i have been hunting for since I got it. The cabinet is in good shape except for the veneer on the top is shot and will need to be replaced. The press wood looks very good.

-Keith

Keith: you might want to take a look at the radiolaguy website, he may have what you are looking for....

Users browsing this thread:
[-]
Recent Posts
Correct model 84 Ac plug an cord type
From what I read Philco went to using brown rubber power cords in 1936, so cloth was used in the 1935 and earlier models...Arran — 11:25 PM
Hi Bruce, I have not worked on an 84, but in general, power cords for almost any radio prior to 1938 was cloth covered...MrFixr55 — 08:34 PM
Restoring Philco 38-14
OK, well, so after staring at the sch again, I realized the problem had to be the #12/12A padder. I put a scope on the o...morzh — 08:15 PM
Hello Bruce, I mostly use brown far as my cloth powercords go ! Here is the plug that I have used bakelite Acorn style...radiorich — 08:05 PM
Looking for as correct as can find the right Ac plug an the correct colored cloth line. Ive seen many old photos but mos...Bruce — 04:13 PM
Restoring Philco 38-14
Rod Two Y-caps make sense if you use them from L/N to the chassis; this is only makes sense in the transformer radios...morzh — 10:11 AM
Restoring Philco 38-14
Mike, I'm curious about a specific use of he Y cap. Lately I've seen a single cap across the power transformer primary. ...RodB — 09:01 AM
Restoring Philco 38-14
hello morzh , That sounds like a plan ! Sincerely Richardradiorich — 07:45 AM
Restoring Philco 38-14
Richard, It helped some, but I still had the whining when engaging the rear power strip (I did not realize it was fro...morzh — 07:07 AM
Restoring Philco 38-14
Hello morzh, Yes , that dreaded hum in my room where i do alighment I have my cable modem and router plus desktop plus ...radiorich — 11:25 PM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently 2935 online users. [Complete List]
» 1 Member(s) | 2934 Guest(s)

>