Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

For Rom Ramirez

thank Rom, one question, because i don ¨t undertand,

is the back lacquer the termination of transformers philco ?

it is correct ? in spain is Black paint, and the rest of gabinet is barniz

i wait your answer , thank you, Mauricio

Hi Mauricio

I think perhaps we are running into a language barrier here. I don't understand what you mean by "termination of transformers" or the word "barniz."

So please allow me to run my previous post through Altavista's Babel Fish - be warned, however, that this may not translate exactly right!

El ajuste y los bordes habrían sido acabados originalmente con la laca negra. El resto del gabinete habría sido rociado con el equivalente de la nuez media de hoy que entona la laca. Creo que el ajuste negro habría sido hecho DESPUÉS DE QUE el gabinete fuera rociado con la nuez media.

The above paragraph was translated with Altavista Babel Fish:
http://babelfish.altavista.com/
And if it did not translate correctly, blame them, not me. Icon_smile I do not speak Spanish. But I hope this will be helpful to you.

I think perhaps you may be asking if the black trim was sprayed on with the same paint used to paint Philco transformers? Perhaps. But I feel you should not mix enamel and lacquer on the same cabinet.

Having also addressed this in another thread, I'm locking this one.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
Samlex heavy-Duty bench supply filter question
I suggest sticking with the original values. Depending upon the design if you increase the cap values too much the incre...DaleHCook — 08:55 AM
AC/DC Transformer-less Sets
You’re welcome! I was born in 1995, so this is all second-hand information to me from the industry. I did some research ...jrblasde — 08:38 AM
Samlex heavy-Duty bench supply filter question
Hello Everyone, I have one of my Heavy-duty bench powersuplies made by Samlex it's 13.8 volt dc 20-25 amp supply. What I...radiorich — 11:24 PM
Looking for place to donate unique Philco Philco J-1930 Prototype
It's a Glaser Sears changer which Philco's engineers thought was an upgrade over a VM, but in retrospect I'd prefer the ...jeibner — 10:39 PM
Joseph, Thank you for the confirmation. I knew that there must be more to the Transformer-less AC/DC radios than the ...PeterN — 10:30 PM
Good evening, folks. Power station engineer here! The east coast had pockets of DC-only power well into the twentieth...jrblasde — 10:11 PM
Model 40 does not have a rectifier, so it would be a DC only model. This however does not say anything about using...morzh — 08:01 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows if these AC/DC transformer-less sets were actually used on 110v DC anywhere, and when. ...PeterN — 06:35 PM
Looking for place to donate unique Philco Philco J-1930 Prototype
Given the 1960s vintage, it is likely that the cartridge is ceramic, likely more stable. The changer looks like a Voice...MrFixr55 — 05:03 PM
Jackson 665 j2 schematic request
FIXED!daveone23 — 03:55 PM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently 4692 online users. [Complete List]
» 1 Member(s) | 4691 Guest(s)

>