Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

veneer

I have an old tomestone (6xx something, I would have to look again to be sure) that is missing some veneer. Hop to be able to patch and not remove all. Where do you guys find it in the smaller sizes? Thanks, Bill

You might try rockler.com They have some small piece sizes.

-Bill

If you go to ebay they have some people that sell small pieces for people that make humidors and such, generally they offer most common types of veneers and some that I have never heard of.

There are some vendors, who sell left overs that have been gathered together and sold in that manner. What you will have to do is go to E-Bay and perform a search with "veneer" typed in, and go down the complete list of auctions that have the word "veneer" in the title. I have done this quite often while looking for nice veneers. Go right here, and just start down the line. There are over 900 items, of which half will not pertain to what you are looking for, but it will pick up ALL the veneer.

Oh, you can also go and ask this fellow ther, Thin Wood & Old Tools. He has a sterling reputation, 99.9% positive out of almost 3500 reviews, which is quite hard to duplicate. He will sell you scrap pieces that you may well need.

Constantine has kits of 20 and 50 veneer samples, which can be useful when you need a bit of some exotic grain for patching.

http://www.constantines.com/index.asp?Pa...tegory=167

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
PT-6 antenna connections
Hi Bridcarl +1 on the others.  Pin 6 of the 7C6 is the AVC Diode so it is appropriate that that pin 4 of the coil con...MrFixr55 — 07:30 AM
462ron
Joseph, this is beyond awesome. A lot of thought and engineering went into this and you hit a home run! Now I must save ...462ron — 07:27 AM
Cannot Adjust an IF Transformer’s cores
Outstanding work indeed. I wish I could come up with solutions like this.slford310 — 11:16 PM
The abilities of our 'Phorum Pholks" never ceases to amaze me! Fantastic fabrication, Joseph! I'm waiting now for...GarySP — 08:27 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Thanks. I never realized that was a notch noted in the schematic as described. I’ll recheck my wiring.bridkarl — 08:13 PM
Thank you! I was quite new to the Phorum when I started this post, so I feel like it might be advantageous to publish a ...jrblasde — 08:07 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Notice in the schematic the notch at the bottom of the antenna coil is between pins 3 & 4. Yes, pin 6 of the 7C6 is...RodB — 07:34 PM
bridkarl
I have two PT-6 chassis. On both there is a blue wire that runs from the above chassis transformer to pin 6 of 7C6. So t...bridkarl — 07:23 PM
Joseph, now you are an engineer!!RodB — 06:37 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Hi, reading your explanation I can see the confusion. If you take it one connection at a time it should result in a desi...RodB — 06:34 PM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently 4086 online users. [Complete List]
» 1 Member(s) | 4085 Guest(s)

>