Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Zenith 7G605 Bomber I bought

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Zenith-S...true&rt=nc

I could not resist that.
The radio was a bit misadvertised or the price would go up another couple of hundreds.

Almost mint, very clean.
Not sure what I will do with the other one. But could possibly fix both.

Super duper, like the case, and wavemagnet is good down to the suction cups. A piece of history, many were morale radios. I hope she works out well for you.

Paul

Tubetalk1

Looks good Morzh. I had no idea they went for that much!

Eric
The Villages, FL
Member: Philco Phorum, ARF, ARCI & Radiomuseum.org

Nice Zenith it almost looks brand new. How do those radios perform. I never saw one in person or have heard one play.

That one sure looks pretty clean. Isn't your other one missing the front cover? I always liked the look of these, for some reason they remind me of something that would be in an old Flash Gordon television episode.

I have one in pretty nice condition but the handle, like on many, is missing. Decent replacements are easy to find, but I don't see an easy way to replace it short of drilling out the old mounts, but then the correct rivets are hard to find.

Would you do me a favor and measure the length of your handle sometime?

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

John

I just have measured it with a thin tape measure, it is exactly 9".

And, yes, the other one is missing the front cover. And it is a female dog to find.

Thanks Mike!

When you get around to fixing them there seems to be a little known problem with the candohm having to be isolated from the chassis. The following old thread is from a guy who used to restore a ton of Transoceanics:

http://www.antiqueradios.com/forums/view...3ad6794157

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

hey mike
whats so special about it ? if that what you like hey it s all good
just wandering why so expensive
sam

Sam

The 7G605 is the Very First Transoceanic from Zenith.
Or, for that matter, the very first portable multi-band short-wave radio.

Otherwise, later models of course improved the characteristics, and then RCA, Stromberg-Carlson and Hallicrafter came out with their All World, Strato World and such.

But this was the first one.

Looks complicated Icon_lol

Glad you got it with the cover.

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

hey mike
so now you have a nice collection of transoceanic`s
sam

Yes, I have those three you gave me. I have yet to deal wit those.
Plus I have a companion 5G-something.