Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Zenith 7-S-363 Electrical Restoration Opinions Requested

I took a quick look at the nostalgiaair schemat on the Zenith 7S-363 in regards to the orig field-coil resistance. That schemat is hard to read online, but it appears the orig FC was approx 1200 ohms? If so, you can sub a modern type 1200 ohm 10 watt wirewound power resistor across the spkr connection pins to the orig FC wiring, and cut the FC wires loose to the old sprk field. Then, you can use any 8 ohm pm type "musak" type full range spkr from 8"- 12", and they sound great in these old radios indeed!The generic type pm musak full range spkrs can be found for "cheap" on eBay! Enjoy your Zenith!! I have restored several of that same model in the past for customers, but never owned one myself. I want one too!! Icon_wink

Randal, I looked at mine. You're right, though it's actually 1250/ohms. I have a pretty clear copy.

-Brian
If you collect or are interested in antique telephones, please visit Classic Rotary Phones
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
My last cabinet for this year
I have been pretty busy this year with cabinet stripping and refinishing.  So far I have done eleven cabinets   This i...Dan Walker — 09:06 AM
Identify Philco Radio
Here you go:  Roughly this is what the chassis looks like w/o all the extras. And it looks like your missing a nut.Radioroslyn — 08:57 AM
BC Resistor
Hi and welcome to the Phorum, Agree w/Dale. If you can check the resistance of the smoldering section you may find th...Radioroslyn — 08:54 AM
Identify Philco Radio
Hello,  Hopefully someone can identify this radio. The tube lineup is 2 - 77 tubes, 1 - 42 tube and 1 - 80 tube assum...dconant — 08:24 AM
Philco 29 or 45
Thanks for the info Bob. Looks like a have a 45 (no shadow). Stuffing old paper caps is a bit more than what I care to d...dconant — 08:05 AM
BC Resistor
As a rule resistors don't burn up for no reason. You need to diagnose what caused it to burn up. BTW, there are three...DaleHCook — 07:07 AM
1930s Stromberg-Carlson Tombstone Radio need help identifying model number
Really, I used to get Setchell Carlson mixed up with Stromberg-Carlson, but never mixed up either one with Stewart Warne...Arran — 01:00 AM
Rebuilding a Rittenhouse RCM-3
Mike, Unfortunately Ron passed away and this site continues to grieve his loss and miss his incredible knowledge.NostalgiaRadioTime — 12:13 AM
Philco 46-480 Cabinet Restoration
I have since gotten the cabinet stained and toned. I saw a video online of another guy renovating a 46-480, and he used ...jrblasde — 07:37 PM
Rebuilding a Rittenhouse RCM-3
Ron - hi, any chance you can discuss the Rittenhouse RCM-3? I know it is 10 years since you did the post. I have one of ...mtk212 — 05:28 PM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently 2494 online users. [Complete List]
» 3 Member(s) | 2491 Guest(s)

>