Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tambour doors. RCA

Does anyone have any idea where I can find knobs for the tambour door on a 1933 RCA R-28D? I boorrowed the pic from radiomuseum.org. I hope that's O.K.

Have you tried any of the folk listed in the resources section?   

I've bought from David, Julie, Mark and Mike in the past.  David, Julie and Mike all have original knobs.

Failing that you may be able to find close facsimiles through the Lee Valley hardware catalog, they literally have thousands of bits and pieces of cabinet hardware available.
Regards
Arran

(01-16-2015, 08:32 PM)klondike98 Wrote:  Have you tried any of the folk listed in the resources section?   

I've bought from David, Julie, Mark and Mike in the past.  David, Julie and Mike all have original knobs.

I haven't tried that yet, but I will. Thanks

(01-17-2015, 12:14 AM)Arran Wrote:  Failing that you may be able to find close facsimiles through the Lee Valley hardware catalog, they literally have thousands of bits and pieces of cabinet hardware available.
Regards
Arran

Thanks. I'll give them a shot if I can't find anything in resources.
Pat

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
Cannot Adjust an IF Transformer’s cores
Outstanding work indeed. I wish I could come up with solutions like this.slford310 — 11:16 PM
The abilities of our 'Phorum Pholks" never ceases to amaze me! Fantastic fabrication, Joseph! I'm waiting now for...GarySP — 08:27 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Thanks. I never realized that was a notch noted in the schematic as described. I’ll recheck my wiring.bridkarl — 08:13 PM
Thank you! I was quite new to the Phorum when I started this post, so I feel like it might be advantageous to publish a ...jrblasde — 08:07 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Notice in the schematic the notch at the bottom of the antenna coil is between pins 3 & 4. Yes, pin 6 of the 7C6 is...RodB — 07:34 PM
bridkarl
I have two PT-6 chassis. On both there is a blue wire that runs from the above chassis transformer to pin 6 of 7C6. So t...bridkarl — 07:23 PM
Joseph, now you are an engineer!!RodB — 06:37 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Hi, reading your explanation I can see the confusion. If you take it one connection at a time it should result in a desi...RodB — 06:34 PM
It works! I received the PCBs this morning in the mail, and put everything together. I reused the base from the original...jrblasde — 04:32 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
I seem to have lost my way on this PT-6. I see the antenna aerial transformer schematic - I’m reading pins 1 through ...bridkarl — 12:30 PM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

>