Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Do you know this part?
Photo 

I began my first-ever restoration -- a 37-610 code 125. And when I removed the chassis from the cabinet, this piece was jammed underneath. It appears to be plastic so I don't think it comes from the radio, but I just don't know. I think it's plastic because it appears to have melted beneath the chassis. I don't think bakelite ever gets misshapen like this, does it? This radio did have signs of having been repaired once in the past. The power cord was replaced with a modern cord. One of the rubber bushings that the chassis sits on inside the cabinet is missing and it appears this piece was jammed in there to keep the chassis from shifting. But all of this is mere speculation. I am a total novice at this. So anyone know what this is? My only concern is that it could come from the radio somehow.

[Image: http://www.jamesdavidporter.com/photo%201.JPG]
[Image: http://www.jamesdavidporter.com/photo%202.JPG]

Thanks!

Hi Jim

No worries. That does not look like any Philco part I have ever seen. I think you're right, it's something someone just stuck in there for some reason.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Welcome to the Phorum Jim!  

Was about to say the same, does not belong there, pobably got there by accident.

Dick Tracy left it behind.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
Cannot Adjust an IF Transformer’s cores
Outstanding work indeed. I wish I could come up with solutions like this.slford310 — 11:16 PM
The abilities of our 'Phorum Pholks" never ceases to amaze me! Fantastic fabrication, Joseph! I'm waiting now for...GarySP — 08:27 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Thanks. I never realized that was a notch noted in the schematic as described. I’ll recheck my wiring.bridkarl — 08:13 PM
Thank you! I was quite new to the Phorum when I started this post, so I feel like it might be advantageous to publish a ...jrblasde — 08:07 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Notice in the schematic the notch at the bottom of the antenna coil is between pins 3 & 4. Yes, pin 6 of the 7C6 is...RodB — 07:34 PM
bridkarl
I have two PT-6 chassis. On both there is a blue wire that runs from the above chassis transformer to pin 6 of 7C6. So t...bridkarl — 07:23 PM
Joseph, now you are an engineer!!RodB — 06:37 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Hi, reading your explanation I can see the confusion. If you take it one connection at a time it should result in a desi...RodB — 06:34 PM
It works! I received the PCBs this morning in the mail, and put everything together. I reused the base from the original...jrblasde — 04:32 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
I seem to have lost my way on this PT-6. I see the antenna aerial transformer schematic - I’m reading pins 1 through ...bridkarl — 12:30 PM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

>