Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

38-116 off Craigslist

[Image: http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t679...y9a9al.jpg]

[Image: http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t679...w9hvrg.jpg]

Nearly done with the cabinet. Few more details to finish up. Grill cloth on the two smaller speaker outlets nearly drove over the edge. Looks slightly different depending the angle you see it from. Finally chose one set up, and left it. Waiting on the capacitors to be delivered so I can start on the re-cap. 

Very nice looking. Great job. Good luck with the chassis restore.

Did the 38-116 have a back cover?? I know that some of the older higher end sets had a cover over the spkr section for acoustic. Even with some vent hole at the top for the electronics would think it would get hot in there.

Terry

Just wanted to add, finished the re-cap and it's playing great. I see what all the hype is about. This thing sounds great and the volume, without distortion, is incredible. A new favorite. 

Nice job refinishing the cabinet. We all knew you had it in you! Looks great!

Looks fantastic!

I just got one and the ONLY good thing about it, is that the finish is already 99% stripped.

Me

Attached Files Image(s)

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

Kirk where did you find yours?

I got them from Oyster bay Long Island

Kirk

Times I have been electrocuted in 2021
As of 1/01/2021
AC: 4 DC: 1
Last year: 6

Kirk,
 Them? How many did you get?
                            Henry

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
GE Model P-975F
Have looked at info on other sites. What is funny the wire that runs to the ext ant and ground connections are different...David — 05:36 PM
E H Scott Allwave 15
Hello Philconut. This thread is over twelve years old. I am sorry to inform you that Michael Dennis passed away severa...GarySP — 05:24 PM
E H Scott Allwave 15
I've just taken one of these sets in for restoration. What a behemoth! After re-stuffing all the wee capacitor cans &...Philconut — 04:34 PM
Rare zenith 6s137 restore
All of these restorations are two projects. The chassis and the cabinet. You're done with the chassis. I would keep ...RodB — 01:29 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Thanks. The transformer tested per your numbers. Checked the wiring and it appears to be good. I’ll move on to checking ...bridkarl — 12:37 PM
GE Model P-975F
There are 2 of these on ePay and several pics on Radiomuseum.  Although the front looks like a very popular Hong Kong ra...MrFixr55 — 09:26 AM
Rare zenith 6s137 restore
Hi Fred, I get things to work, but what you, Russ, RadioSvit and many others on the Phorum do with cabinet and chassis...MrFixr55 — 09:02 AM
PT-6 antenna connections
Hi Bridcarl +1 on the others.  Pin 6 of the 7C6 is the AVC Diode so it is appropriate that that pin 4 of the coil con...MrFixr55 — 07:30 AM
462ron
Joseph, this is beyond awesome. A lot of thought and engineering went into this and you hit a home run! Now I must save ...462ron — 07:27 AM
Cannot Adjust an IF Transformer’s cores
Outstanding work indeed. I wish I could come up with solutions like this.slford310 — 11:16 PM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently 2428 online users. [Complete List]
» 1 Member(s) | 2427 Guest(s)

>