Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

I must have a soft spot for Philcos...

I'm in the process of restoring a 37-61, which uses the same cabinet as yours. I have bought the Re-Faux Pro decals for restoring the photofinish. I have written about it in the cabinet restoration section. I'll be applying the decals come spring, it is too cold in my house to do finishing work right now. If you wait until Spring, you can see how mine turns out, and decide what you want to do then. Believe me, the decals are a lot easier than trying to re-veneer the front. I already did it once, but the decals were off. I sent Tony my own cabinet so he could correct them perfectly, so hopefully they will be right now. The curved trim lines on the curved part of the speaker grill, and the 3 center light color trim stripes were off before, now they should be right.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I must have a soft spot for Philcos... - by mikethedruid - 02-14-2016, 04:15 PM

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
Cannot Adjust an IF Transformer’s cores
The abilities of our 'Phorum Pholks" never ceases to amaze me! Fantastic fabrication, Joseph! I'm waiting now for...GarySP — 08:27 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Thanks. I never realized that was a notch noted in the schematic as described. I’ll recheck my wiring.bridkarl — 08:13 PM
Thank you! I was quite new to the Phorum when I started this post, so I feel like it might be advantageous to publish a ...jrblasde — 08:07 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Notice in the schematic the notch at the bottom of the antenna coil is between pins 3 & 4. Yes, pin 6 of the 7C6 is...RodB — 07:34 PM
bridkarl
I have two PT-6 chassis. On both there is a blue wire that runs from the above chassis transformer to pin 6 of 7C6. So t...bridkarl — 07:23 PM
Joseph, now you are an engineer!!RodB — 06:37 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Hi, reading your explanation I can see the confusion. If you take it one connection at a time it should result in a desi...RodB — 06:34 PM
It works! I received the PCBs this morning in the mail, and put everything together. I reused the base from the original...jrblasde — 04:32 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
I seem to have lost my way on this PT-6. I see the antenna aerial transformer schematic - I’m reading pins 1 through ...bridkarl — 12:30 PM
40-150 General questions
Good thing you're a good electrician ... the pictures show a lot of rewiring in your future! Take care and BE HEALTHY!...GarySP — 11:52 AM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently 3633 online users. [Complete List]
» 2 Member(s) | 3631 Guest(s)

>