Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

philco 116x-122 band selector cord routing and set up

correct, I replaced the two 8 uf caps that had 16 uf caps(aerovox) installed in place by previous owner. I used the same wires, and substituted 10 uf caps. Maybe I should test polarity to be sure next time I fire it up. I did see the original 8 and 10 uf cap can in an under chassis picture on here somewhere. Guessing that the stray 8 uf cap still in place(dry electrolytic) is to replace the missing 10 original uf cap? I havnt looked to see where its electrically connected in the schematic yet.
The only problem now with the set is when I power it on, I hear faint mild hissing garbled sound for a bit. Havnt yet replaced any of the bakelite caps yet either so that could be very the garbly hiss sound on fire up.
Right now Im trying to figure out how to tie the proper length dial cord. Not sure how much the spring and metal slider bracket will compensate for slack. I didnt have proper size but I used 4 strands of smaller cord quadrupled up. Pretty close to original

I started collecting radios when I was a kid.......never kept any of them.  Always messed them up(didnt know what I was doing)  Sucessfully bought my first radio and got it working in 1995in california, and carried it home on a 3 day train ride.  It was a philco 38 code 123 battery operated farm set. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: philco 116x-122 band selector cord routing and set up - by quartermilecamel - 07-04-2016, 07:53 PM