Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Got bored today so took my 37-690 apart

(08-15-2016, 06:45 PM)Radioroslyn Wrote:  Hi Ted,
Don't think there is a blow by blow description on the net. The front end is pretty much the same as the 37-116 and 37-675. The '38 model are similar but have a different trimmer layout. Try searching these models. The general consensus is to remove the dial assy to get it out of the way, remove screws holding the sub chassis, unsolder wires holding in till it comes out while photographing and marking where they went. Reverse to reinstall.
GL

Terry

Sounds pretty straightforward; I'll have a go at it some time this fall. Thank you; I'll probably take pix to either (a) show future techs how to do it or (more likely) show them what not to do Icon_smile

Very excited to break into this radio. It's quite dirty and looks like it's been stored for many, many years. Crazy thing about it is it has not been touched, period. Not even the electrolytics have been touched. A quick test showed all power transformers, chokes interstage trasnformer field coils, etc., good. A nice bonus is the 6B4s appear very strong.

Messages In This Thread
Got bored today so took my 37-690 apart - by Skip - 11-19-2013, 09:33 PM
RE: Got bored today so took my 37-690 apart - by Diverted - 08-15-2016, 07:21 PM