Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My First Philco: 46-1203 CODE 125 help?

Okay thats a great visual aid, now I guess the question becomes which capacitors should be replaced? I have read in several different places that its not advised to replace some of the capacitors due to the type of cap they are. Is this true? It looks very for lack of a better word scary in there. I have never done anything like this before, I have no problem learning or experiementing, but I guess my question comes to is this a good radio to do my first on? I dont want to totally ruin such a beautiful radio, but I also do want to have this beauty back up to spec so i can use it and not just show it off, and I definately cant afford to have it professionally restored, so it looks like that with some guidance from the experience here I think I can manage. What are good methods for removal, and reinstallation of the caps? I see that the schematic that has been provided tells me pretty much what I need to know about the originals replacement? All the tubes look good, but I do not have a tube tester, would it be wise to invest in one? Thanks again and I look forward to being nursed through my very first self applied restoration! -Steve

Messages In This Thread
Re: My First Philco: 46-1203 CODE 125 help? - by sh71382 - 08-20-2010, 12:13 AM