Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco Model 116B Tombstone Broken Off Speaker Wires

Hi Dave
Sorry to take so long to get back have had some computer troubles. As for your Philco It's an easy puzzle to solve. First use some masking tape to mark the wires that exit the chaiss as to where they came from. Should have 4 wires. One will go to one of the #42 tubes in the output stage. One will go to the other # 42 in the output stage. One will go to # 101 which is a 8ufd filter cap and finally one is going to the junction of resistor #94 and a 3ufd filter cap #80.

On the speaker you are going to have five connections. The primary of the output transformer will have three. The beginning of the winding, the center tap, and the end of the winding. The other two connections are the field coil. One of the wire from the field coil is going to be connected to the center tap of the transformer.

So first wire that comes from one of the 42 tubes will go to the beginning of the output transformer. (Doesn't matter which 42)
Second wire comes from the other 42 tube and goes to the end of the output transformer.
Third wire comes from p# 101 the 8ufd filter cap it goes to the junction of the field coil and the center tap on the output transformer.
Fourth wire comes from the junction of p#94 and the 3 ufd cap p#80. It will go to the wire from the field coil. (Not the one hooked to the output transformer.)
See how easy it is!
Hope this answers your question
Terry N3GTE

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Messages In This Thread
Re: Philco Model 116B Tombstone Broken Off Speaker Wires - by 7estatdef - 07-21-2010, 06:05 PM