Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

philco 37-630 newer shadow meter mounting??clips dont hold

yeah thanks for the link Ive been to that link.  Didnt know the coil rotated as well as slid in and out!  Reason I didnt get mine to rotate or move backwards or forwards is it was just too stiff, and it still is. Might shoot some lube at the base. I just overlooked it when I did my 37-630 console but just discovered its a 37-640 by the tube on top of the transformer!  I shall now refer to that one as the 37-630really40! Console cabinet sticker blue one says 37-630, but the chassis is a 640!
As far as sticking could I spray some brake cleaner in the vane?  Even if I did take it apart, risks are:breaking it, snapping off tabs, screwing up something else.  Not sure what all materials are in the vane.  Was thinking maybe a spritz of alcohol or tuner cleaner also.  What I really should do is verify voltage on the coil when running.  I could be chasing my tail if no required voltage changes/values.  I did notice that somewhere and I didnt note where, that the resistance spec was 1 to 2 k ohms for the coil?  My shadow meter for the 630really40 is around 1100 ohms.  Measured the 37-530 coil and its 1387 ohms.

I started collecting radios when I was a kid.......never kept any of them.  Always messed them up(didnt know what I was doing)  Sucessfully bought my first radio and got it working in 1995in california, and carried it home on a 3 day train ride.  It was a philco 38 code 123 battery operated farm set.