Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pinstripes Philco PT-12

Hi Bill, and welcome!

That strip is photofinish. If you can't save yours with touching up, you will have to decide if you want to make your own.
Here is the site that talks about replicating a photofinish.
http://www.philcoradio.com/schooley/index.htm

On yours though, I'd take several close up, high resolution photos of the strip. IN fact, you can use that for a basis for your created strip.
Stewart Schooley can help you, just send him an email, and he has other info that is not on the site.
Note by site admin: Unfortunately, Stewart Schooley passed away in April 2009. I am honored to be able to continue to host his web pages, now on Philcoradio.com - see revised link above.

[Image: http://radiorestorer.com/philcopt-12bflg.jpg]

Now, I assume you'd want to keep your set original, so making photofinish would be the way to go. However, there are wood inlays that would take a little more work to install. I'd stay with the photo myself.

Having a photo base like the original strip would be good. Take shots of the best looking places. You can "extend" them in your graphics program to make a long strip. Color can be done with colored pencils or oil colors. The site will show the basics.
You may even be able to lay the side of your radio on the scanner and get a good hig res scan, then do some cleaning up of the image. If you get a scan, send me a copy of what you come up with.

Once you have a strip image, you can post it here for others who might want to make a strip.
You will have to decide if you can reuse the original veneer, regluing to back on. Do the photo strip as the last item before topcoating with clear.
Good luck,
Gary.

Messages In This Thread
Pinstripes Philco PT-12 - by btoher - 08-26-2010, 05:25 AM
Re: Pinstripes Philco PT-12 - by gary rabbitt - 08-29-2010, 01:48 AM
Re: Pinstripes Philco PT-12 - by btoher - 09-04-2010, 05:50 AM
Re: Pinstripes Philco PT-12 - by btoher - 09-26-2010, 09:12 AM