Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Is this Philco 42-400 worth anything?

It's a rather nicely styled console, but like most 1940s console radios they aren't worth a huge amount of money, so I wouldn't worry about someone giving you a lowball price and flipping it for $500. As has been mentioned the big turn off is the paint job, it's completely restorable but anyone buying it would factor that into the price, whoever buys it would do so for a restoration project or for parts for another restoration project if don't think that it's worth the effort.
Best Regards
Arran

Messages In This Thread
Re: Is this Philco 42-400 worth anything? - by Arran - 10-13-2010, 09:04 PM

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
AC/DC Transformer-less Sets
Model 40 does not have a rectifier, so it would be a DC only model. This however does not say anything about using...morzh — 08:01 PM
AC/DC Transformer-less Sets
I was wondering if anyone knows if these AC/DC transformer-less sets were actually used on 110v DC anywhere, and when. ...PeterN — 06:35 PM
Looking for place to donate unique Philco Philco J-1930 Prototype
Given the 1960s vintage, it is likely that the cartridge is ceramic, likely more stable. The changer looks like a Voice...MrFixr55 — 05:03 PM
Jackson 665 j2 schematic request
FIXED!daveone23 — 03:55 PM
Bakelite crack repair - what is best epoxy?
Thanks everyone. I appreciate you sharing your experience and looks like I'll work with the 24 hr two part clear epoxy....de371 — 10:25 PM
Without a schematic its going to be hard tracing the wire wound spool resistors.daveone23 — 05:21 PM
Looking for a schematic for the 665 j2 multimeter.daveone23 — 04:42 PM
>>I'll write to the Henry Ford. I heard, his secretary answers his mail, not he himself.morzh — 12:15 PM
Philco 48-200 alignment questions
Just checked the power cord and I did in fact wire it so the hot side (small prong) goes to the switch.transitony — 11:52 AM
Thanks for the suggestions.  I'll write to the Henry Ford.   That would certainly make sense since by the time this prod...jeibner — 11:49 AM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently 2011 online users. [Complete List]
» 1 Member(s) | 2010 Guest(s)

>