Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Suggestions for a good digital signal/function generator?

Don't have any suggestions for the moderately priced generator but there is one feature that I'm not seeing on the mentioned units. Could be I 'm not seeing it? That would be an attenuater calibrated (in microvolts). This would go along w/a very low leakage factor. That meaning how much of the rf signal escape the generator from other sources than the shielded output cable. Leakage from the plastic cabinet and radiation from the ac cord. The reason I mention this is that w/o a calibrated output it's difficult to determine the sensitivity of a set.

With my old cheap SG-7 it leaks terrible! When I was aligning the HRO senior I had to put the generator a couple of rooms away so it would overload the receiver. With a calibrated attenuater you can get a definitive measurement of the sensitivity. This may not matter if you are working on the run of the mill home/entertainment sets but if you work on any higher end or communications sets it's pretty handy.

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Messages In This Thread
RE: Suggestions for a good digital signal/function generator? - by Radioroslyn - 09-28-2019, 09:11 AM