Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Model 16X - Problem With Radio Reception

Thanks for your thoughts Ron. I will continue to carefully check the connections. I am a rookie at this with no formal electronic training (bet you already guessed that), but I am very good at figuring out things in a logical fashion and am enjoying this project. This is the second radio I have reconstructed...the first is working great!

Part of my problem with this reconstruction is that my radio is a Philco 16X with a 222 chassis, and I have not actually been able to find a schematic that is exactly the same. The schematic that I have been using is for a 121 and 122 Chassis, but other than a couple of new parts changes in later service bulletins it appears to be very close in the parts lists and the schematic. If anybody reading this has an actual schematic for the 222 that could obviously be very helpful.

Also, another rookie question. This chassis has 2 electrolytic cans. On the bottom of each can there is a center post (1 actually has a screw in it), and then another post on the outer edge of the can that appears to be attached to the can itself. My guess was that the outer posts are the grounds and the center the live feed...but I'm not sure. Anybody care to give me some thoughts on this?

Thanks for your help. I will appreciate any help and advice (other than "quit", LOL) from you experts! Sonny

Messages In This Thread
Re: Problem With Radio Reception - by Ron Ramirez - 02-02-2011, 09:49 AM
Re: Problem With Radio Reception - by Sonnyboy - 02-02-2011, 05:30 PM
Re: Problem With Radio Reception - by Ron Ramirez - 02-02-2011, 07:13 PM
Re: Problem With Radio Reception - by Sonnyboy - 02-05-2011, 10:19 AM
Re: Problem With Radio Reception - by Ron Ramirez - 02-05-2011, 12:05 PM
Re: Problem With Radio Reception - by Sonnyboy - 02-06-2011, 09:53 AM