Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 42-327 no reception on the three Bands

Hi Rod

Before changing the Electrolytic Capacitors I checked the resistor 36 and it is ok. I changed the capacitor 21 without coil.

I checked the continuity on the Oscillator pin 4-6 and unfortunately there is not continuity!!! This is the problem on Band SW right?

Do you know where I can find a new one with the right specifications? I tried to soldering the pins but no Continuity...

Regarding the Electrolytic capacitors I changed it with 22UF but the Voltages are more or less the same with the 33uF for all the points I checked before.

The radio works fine can the high voltage create damages on the radio?

I didn't change the resistor 34 following the RadioRoslyn suggestion 

The radio on the broadcast frequency works fine , but there is a noise frequency when I switch on my soldering tool ( I spent a lot of time to discover). Can be the Coil on the Capacitor 21 that I removed? Or some ground not well soldered?

Thank you so much for all the information and great suggestions. I don't know if it is simple to find a new Oscillator and probably because I changed also some mica capacitors I need to make the Alignment but I don't have tools to do it. Are they expensive?

Thanks

CAmillo

Messages In This Thread
RE: Philco 42-327 no reception on the three Bands - by ascion90 - 06-20-2020, 11:09 PM