Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Model 16B 121 QAVC PN 33-5015 Help

The pot should read 10K total end to end and the wiper should pick off any resistance between. I have a 16B 121 tombstone on the bench as we speak. Dumbie me broke the band switch front wafer. It's doing well and should be able to wire it back together today.

I checked the pot in mine and it seem have linear taper. This means when the wiper is at the center of the carbon track the resistance is equal from the wiper to each end of the terminals. Volume controls aren't, those known as audio taper. There's a bunch of different tapers for different circuits.

The only question I'm not sure about is the wattage. I'm think about 5w but that's just based on size so I could off. 10k linear taper is a pretty common value,you shouldn't have a problem finding one. Maybe Mike or Rod could pop in advise on the wattage. https://philcoradio.com/library/download...l.%201.pdf Mike has a 16B 121 cathedral

In terms of cleaning. You could but I would pop the back off and inspect the carbon track. Look for wear and cracks. If it's worn thru or has cracks it needs to hit the bin. I guess that it's more likely that it's going to have cracks rather wear. It's kind of a set it and for get it control. On my other 16B I never use it. It's more of a novelty.

If we can sort the wattage I may have something for you.

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Messages In This Thread
Model 16B 121 QAVC PN 33-5015 Help - by Rod Wolfe - 02-25-2021, 10:51 AM
RE: Model 16B 121 QAVC PN 33-5015 Help - by Radioroslyn - 02-25-2021, 12:35 PM