Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 40-180 Cabinet Restoration

With Easter this past weekend, didn't get a chance to do more cabinet work.  I've got my order in for sanding sealer, toner, and clear lacquer which will hopefully arrive later this week.  Timbermate arrived on Friday, and new decals arrived today.  Spent the evening tonight making a new backer board for the grille cloth cover as the original is severely warped and broken in two.  Used 1/8" masonite hardboard and ended up cutting everything with a utility knife.  Was going to use a jigsaw I had borrowed from my step-dad, but couldn't find the fine tooth blade for it.  My wife reminded me after I was done that he had taped the blades to the side of the jigsaw for me Icon_mad .  Oh well, still turned out nice, even if it did take longer than it should have.

[Image: https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/5109...e3e4_w.jpg]

Also beginning the search for grille cloth.  Hobby Lobby has a Sienna burlap fabric which is close in color (burnt orange/brown) to the original, but a tighter weave.

Vinny
Greensburg, IN

"We don't care what you do...just don't electrocute yourself or burn the house down."
-My Parents

Messages In This Thread
RE: Philco 40-180 Cabinet Restoration - by unclevinny86 - 04-05-2021, 09:29 PM
RE: Philco 40-180 Cabinet Restoration - by DuMont - 06-26-2021, 05:20 PM