Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Any Model 65 restorers/owners out there?

Thanks!  That was the one that I replaced when I wired the number 1 terminal back into the system.   The original tan wire as well as the connection to the 80 was moved to terminal 2, and I left them there and completed the circuit by wiring #1 to the filter choke, so my 65 is now wired in accordance with the schematic if not in agreement with the original construction.  The only item I did not do was a jumper between terminals #1 and #2, but that circuit is now completed in any case.

Good luck with the garage sale.

Thinking about those oscillations...Could this be emanating in the detector circuit in some form or fashion?  If the shields around the 24s are "holding" and the bypass capacitors are well grounded (as I would expect them to be, given they way they are mounted to the chassis) this does not make any sense.  I see that you replaced the volume control so I would not expect issues there.  My #15 was good so I did not mess with it, but I do wonder about the 27.  I see that you swapped that out though, apparently with no effect. I presume that the cathode resistor is within tolerance and the cathode bypass cap was apparently replaced (restuffed) as well...

Anyone else out there have ideas, thoughts or suggestions?

Richard

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any Model 65 restorers/owners out there? - by RGallahue - 08-11-2021, 11:14 AM