Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Starting a 37-10 project - odd cap question

I have come across added electrolytic caps.  The best option is to make it like the schematic. That means tracing the wiring from the original caps to see if the added cap replaced one of the original ones.  If it didn't, make notes/photos of what is connected to what when you remove it.  Replace the old electrolytics with new ones under the chassis (they can be a slightly higher value if you can't find exact values), being sure to cut the connections to the old ones.  Again, make sure you have notes/photos showing where wiring from the old caps went and what they connected to.  I can see a repairman taking the time to add a clamp.  The replacement was sizable and better to secure it so it doesn't move around and stress wiring connections when the radio is moved.  Same goes for other wiring; make sure what you're taking out doesn't remove a circuit shown on the schematic.  Also remember that a schematic is not a wiring diagram.  A schematic just shows signal flow and not the point to point connections.  Schematics are hard for me as I'm used to wiring diagrams (which require little knowledge of signal flow).

Can you post photos of the weird parts?