Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

38-7 Chairside Concentric Tuning Dial

Got this in my group....maybe helps?

From the responder Tony: "I have a few 38-7's and in order to replace the bulb I remove the tuning and vernier knobs in order to get at the 2 screws securing the brown round bezel. If you pull the tuning knob all the way out, there is a small hole drilled straight through the shaft (may have to press the vernier knob in to see it). What I do is use a small nail through the hole to keep the shaft from turning while using a large blade screwdriver to remove the retaining screw at the end of the tuning knob. From that point you should see the two screws that secure the bezel. Once the bezel is removed, the glass is removed by turning it to 'unlock' it from small keeper pins and pulling straight off. Carefully pull the indicator needle straight off, remove the circular retaining clip from the edge of the dial, and the dial face should come off revealing the bulb at the top."

It sounds like your friend may be at the point where he just needs to turn the glass in the bezel?

Maybe the answer?

Pablo

Tubetalk1

Messages In This Thread
38-7 Chairside Concentric Tuning Dial - by LJB - 01-18-2022, 04:53 PM
RE: 38-7 Chairside Concentric Tuning Dial - by Paul Philco322 - 01-19-2022, 08:02 PM