Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco Predicta board lifted trace and trace corrosion.

One of the best hand held desoldering tools is one of the Soldapullit (or something like that lol), it's a big blue solder sucker, and its kinda like holding a telephone pole to desolder, but it seems like it works a lot better than some of the smaller ones. A desoldering iron also works, but I dont think quite as well. Solderwick works great - IF you happen to get a good batch. I used the last of my Radio Shack supply, and the newer stuff is worthless. I noted as John mentioned there are a lot of cracked (cold) solder joints around the socket area. I too have fixed many a TV over the years by resoldering those, usually around heat producing components like power transistors, larger resistors, PC mounted flybacks, etc. You can bridge the bad traces with wire. May not be pretty but will work.

If I could find the place called "Somewhere", I could find "Anything" Icon_confused

Tim

Jesus cried out and said, "Whoever believes in me , believes not in me but in him who sent me" John 12:44

Messages In This Thread
RE: Philco Predicta board lifted trace and trace corrosion. - by TV MAN - 04-17-2022, 09:31 PM