Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Silvertone 7057 Audio "Cross-Talk" Problem?

Hi slbradio,

Finally got around to this...

Yes there is a ground on the motor. The photo shows wires connected to a lug on the front pointing corner of the motor. The wires coming off of that go to to the switches controlled by lifting the tone and recorder arms. I show those connections in the next two photos. The connections, when measured, are connected to the chassis. I'm not sure where the connection to the chassis is made, maybe through the shields on the wires to the switches??? Sorry, too lazy to take it out of the cabinet.

Mine has a microphone input. It's a bayonet connector that's screws onto the bottom of the cabinet. I also added a photo of the microphone that came with mine. It's some Astatic model. I forget which. It still works and I believe it uses a crystal similar to those in the cartridges that disintegrate over time.

I do not have a manual for mine either. If you ever find one online, let me know. The controls aren't exactly intuitive. I need to review the schematic and make notes on how they work.

The cross talk thing still happens. I've given up on it and just tune the radio off of a station if I play a record.

I haven't tested the recording head. I need to find the cutter needle, it's somewhere. I think you can record on plastic covered Styrofoam plates. I do have some blanks, and recorded ones too. Interesting.

I did have the idler wheel refurbished (it was petrified). I also had the cartridge rebuilt and bought a proper stylus (diamond) at the same time. the steel needles are supposedly short lived.

I may do some work on the cabinet when I get a chance.

I got mine from a friend of my Sister. It came with the records and microphone.

I too am originally from near Pittsburgh, but ended up on the other side of the state...

Can't think of anything witty.
Greg O.
Whitehall, PA

Messages In This Thread
RE: Silvertone 7057 Audio "Cross-Talk" Problem? - by Greg - 11-17-2022, 10:17 PM