Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Sparks-Withington factory destroyed by fire

Sad thing is, we might never know the cause as fire is very good at destroying the evidence of its cause. Even if the building is still standing, it is often too unsafe to enter for investigation and any cause of the fire is lost in the demolition. A good example is the once beautiful Freemasons Temple that burnt down in Zanesville, Ohio. Even though the floor that the fire started on was basically still there, the structure was too much of a hazard to enter or even leave up as it was totally gutted from that floor on up. This was a building still in use for shops for all seven floors. Once in a rare while you do get an AH Ha moment like when they found out a cheap desk lamp from Walmart burnt the third floor and roof off a 125 year old building near me or the remains of one the Molatov cocktail bottles that was used to burn down the Garver's building in Strasburg, Ohio, but it's rare. Now if it somehow started on a concrete slab in the bottom of the building, there is a chance. That's what happened with the Garver's building as one bottle did not make it all the way in and landed on the concrete right inside the door. Sorry for the long winded reply.

No matter where you go, there you are.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sparks-Withington factory destroyed by fire - by Jayce - 08-27-2023, 03:09 PM

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
PT-6 antenna connections
Notice in the schematic the notch at the bottom of the antenna coil is between pins 3 & 4. Yes, pin 6 of the 7C6 is...RodB — 07:34 PM
bridkarl
I have two PT-6 chassis. On both there is a blue wire that runs from the above chassis transformer to pin 6 of 7C6. So t...bridkarl — 07:23 PM
Cannot Adjust an IF Transformer’s cores
Joseph, now you are an engineer!!RodB — 06:37 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Hi, reading your explanation I can see the confusion. If you take it one connection at a time it should result in a desi...RodB — 06:34 PM
Cannot Adjust an IF Transformer’s cores
It works! I received the PCBs this morning in the mail, and put everything together. I reused the base from the original...jrblasde — 04:32 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
I seem to have lost my way on this PT-6. I see the antenna aerial transformer schematic - I’m reading pins 1 through ...bridkarl — 12:30 PM
40-150 General questions
Good thing you're a good electrician ... the pictures show a lot of rewiring in your future! Take care and BE HEALTHY!...GarySP — 11:52 AM
40-150 General questions
I think RobB has it right. It is a part number and looks like its stamped on the chassis and that wasn't something you ...klondike98 — 11:41 AM
40-150 General questions
It's most likely a part number. Most of Philco part numbers are in that format. I looked at the parts list for this mode...RodB — 08:10 AM
40-150 General questions
Hi Kevin, No, I don't but I like your Quote about being a good electrician. The way I look at it is "The fact ...MrFixr55 — 08:06 AM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently 2726 online users. [Complete List]
» 3 Member(s) | 2723 Guest(s)

>