Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Thoughts on the Philco Model 90 2nd version

Quote:Hello,I have a model 90 with the 2nd version chassis that uses one 47 as a single ended output. I am looking for a 1st R.F. Transformer. For Philco Model 90 and 90A. Part # 03013. Mine is definitely bad and the inside coil is burnt, the outside coil is fine but I am unable to rewind it. Would you or would you know anyone that would potentially have this piece?  I am new to radio restoration and I would love to get my radio back to work. I have finished the cabinet restoration and its looking great - now its just to get the radio working again.Thank you Brett
Bret, The antenna coil in this radio has an untuned primary ("burnt") and a tuned secondary. Therefore, because the primary is not tuned some liberties can be taken winding a "replacement" coil. the winding is of the "universal" type but scramble winding is fine. It is best to wind the same number of turns and the same wire size. Both are important but for this coil being "off" a bit will not hurt. Scramble configuration is fine. The winding should be in the same direction too.

I, would like to know the configuration of that primary coil. Wire size/type, number of turns, width, and core size. IMHO replication as a replacement part could be practical.

Chas

Pliny the younger
“nihil novum nihil varium nihil quod non semel spectasse sufficiat”

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thoughts on the Philco Model 90 2nd version - by Chas - 01-26-2024, 11:45 AM