Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hello-has anyone heard of a Philco Model A 3766E

Hi Gary!

Thanks for your response and great information! The light bulbs are going off for me now :~) Makes sense it was made for overseas use.
I went back and looked at my Philco after I read your post, and lo & behold, there is a voltage selector on the inside corner. Actually, two--one for the phono and one for the receiver (see photo). Happily, it is currently set to 105/110v and there is a US-style plug on the unit, so that makes things simpler (maybe).
Can I ask you... is it safe to apply 120v straight off? The unit was covered in dust and I'm sure hasn't been powered up in a long time. I've seen videos like Mr. Carlson's Lab that talk about applying lower voltages and/or current-limited supplies at the start to bring up a receiver gently. Of course, I am going to open it up first and make sure there is no obvious damage or deterioration first.
Also, is the manual/documentation for this unit available? I did a search in the Philco Library, but nothing came up.
Thanks again for your help!  Chris

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hello-has anyone heard of a Philco Model A 3766E - by chris7001 - 06-27-2024, 09:57 AM