Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco Model 512 Mandarin Red Metal Cone Speaker - Help

MrFixr55-
Thanks for all the good information. I know that the "motor" is open. Since this is my first venture into completely disassembling the speaker, I was treading slowly and looking for experts opinions.
I have re-wound a few Philco Oscillator and RF coils, but as you mention, I suspect this wiring would be even finer (smaller gauge). I am also aware of the dasteredly green area on the coils!
I wanted to try to save it's originality, but may have to fallback to a PM speaker replacement internally.
I've set it aside for the moment, but will get back to it and start looking into the motor.

Thanks
John N3MUN

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
Philco Model 512 Mandarin Red Metal Cone Speaker - Help
MrFixr55- Thanks for all the good information. I know that the "motor" is open. Since this is my first ventur...jjfritz5528 — 09:22 PM
Howard Car Radio Model HA6 1936
Hi Everyone,  A friend has given me a Howard Model HA6 car radio - a set which has an interesting history , the more ...Antipodal — 09:17 PM
GE Model P-975F
Have looked at info on other sites. What is funny the wire that runs to the ext ant and ground connections are different...David — 05:36 PM
E H Scott Allwave 15
Hello Philconut. This thread is over twelve years old. I am sorry to inform you that Michael Dennis passed away severa...GarySP — 05:24 PM
E H Scott Allwave 15
I've just taken one of these sets in for restoration. What a behemoth! After re-stuffing all the wee capacitor cans &...Philconut — 04:34 PM
Rare zenith 6s137 restore
All of these restorations are two projects. The chassis and the cabinet. You're done with the chassis. I would keep ...RodB — 01:29 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Thanks. The transformer tested per your numbers. Checked the wiring and it appears to be good. I’ll move on to checking ...bridkarl — 12:37 PM
GE Model P-975F
There are 2 of these on ePay and several pics on Radiomuseum.  Although the front looks like a very popular Hong Kong ra...MrFixr55 — 09:26 AM
Rare zenith 6s137 restore
Hi Fred, I get things to work, but what you, Russ, RadioSvit and many others on the Phorum do with cabinet and chassis...MrFixr55 — 09:02 AM
PT-6 antenna connections
Hi Bridcarl +1 on the others.  Pin 6 of the 7C6 is the AVC Diode so it is appropriate that that pin 4 of the coil con...MrFixr55 — 07:30 AM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

>