Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Emerson question

It is possible that the antenna coil is open.
It is also a known effect that the cap of the pentagrid, if touched, will act as an antenna. Which is still not a cure for open RF coil.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Messages In This Thread
Emerson question - by Phil27 - Yesterday, 12:18 PM
RE: Emerson question - by morzh - 11 hours ago

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
Help understanding a 89 radio rebuild new guy
Well the utility company came and listened. Then worked for about 3 hours around the area trying to figure it out but c...Bruce B — 09:33 PM
1953 Music Masters 620-9 Australian Radio Restore
David Tipton from Australia sent ol'[ Buzz a radio to restore. part 1 is now up loaded  link below Buzz — 01:01 PM
This is cool! A digital replacement of 6U5 magic eye tube.
Not Philcos, no... Westinghouses, Zeniths, E.H. Scotts and such....morzh — 12:29 PM
Emerson question
It is possible that the antenna coil is open. It is also a known effect that the cap of the pentagrid, if touched, will...morzh — 12:26 PM
Emerson question
I am working on an Emerson 131am and was wondering why someone has attached a wire to the 6A7 tube grid cap. It appea...Phil27 — 12:18 PM
Back in '70s I had a pension for some WWII transmitters and one of the tubes these sets used is the 1629 (12v 6E5/octal ...Radioroslyn — 12:07 PM
Pdieten Yes. 6E5. But not 6U5. Now, you could say that the circuit in, say, any Zenith (they used 6T5 which electr...morzh — 10:36 AM
38-7. No sound
Sam Good luck with Kirk :lol:morzh — 10:33 AM
Restoring weston 685
I would like to restore it but the sockets with enlongated holes are rare has hens teeth, ie the 7 pindaveone23 — 06:49 AM
38-7. No sound
Yeah, that would do it. Cap has to go between plate of 1st AF tube and grid of output tube.MrFixr55 — 10:42 PM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently 2217 online users. [Complete List]
» 1 Member(s) | 2216 Guest(s)

>