Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Emerson question

Mike is right. The only parts between the grid cap and the antenna are the band switch and the antenna coil. One or both could be open, preventing signals from getting to the 6A7 grid. If the coils are good then maybe the switch needs some Deoxit.

Messages In This Thread
Emerson question - by Phil27 - Yesterday, 12:18 PM
RE: Emerson question - by morzh - Yesterday, 12:26 PM
RE: Emerson question - by RodB - 4 hours ago
RE: Emerson question - by MrFixr55 - 28 minutes ago

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
Emerson question
If the antenna coil is open, this may also be the reason for the ability to pick up the same station on 2 different poin...MrFixr55 — 11:57 AM
Restoring Philco 38-12 in a white wood cabinet
A snag I hit.... I was about to plug it in and measure the voltages, when I thought to check the field coil just in c...morzh — 11:29 AM
Emerson question
Mike is right. The only parts between the grid cap and the antenna are the band switch and the antenna coil. One or both...RodB — 08:15 AM
Help understanding a 89 radio rebuild new guy
Well the utility company came and listened. Then worked for about 3 hours around the area trying to figure it out but c...Bruce B — 09:33 PM
1953 Music Masters 620-9 Australian Radio Restore
David Tipton from Australia sent ol'[ Buzz a radio to restore. part 1 is now up loaded  link below Buzz — 01:01 PM
This is cool! A digital replacement of 6U5 magic eye tube.
Not Philcos, no... Westinghouses, Zeniths, E.H. Scotts and such....morzh — 12:29 PM
Emerson question
It is possible that the antenna coil is open. It is also a known effect that the cap of the pentagrid, if touched, will...morzh — 12:26 PM
Emerson question
I am working on an Emerson 131am and was wondering why someone has attached a wire to the 6A7 tube grid cap. It appea...Phil27 — 12:18 PM
Back in '70s I had a pension for some WWII transmitters and one of the tubes these sets used is the 1629 (12v 6E5/octal ...Radioroslyn — 12:07 PM
Pdieten Yes. 6E5. But not 6U5. Now, you could say that the circuit in, say, any Zenith (they used 6T5 which electr...morzh — 10:36 AM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently 2272 online users. [Complete List]
» 1 Member(s) | 2271 Guest(s)

>