Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Help understanding a 89 radio rebuild new guy

Living in Florida I enjoy the power outages from storms. The radio reception is wonderful. Things to look at a touch lamp mine even off makes a buzz in the air waves have to unplug the beast. Somewhere around 1987? the national electric code change the neutral wire on a service had to be the same size and the 2 hots, check your house. Working at a paper mill ground wire to a service panel had to be the same size as the hots and neutrals this happen around 2003 not because of code something the engineers decided when the computer controls were up graded. One could stand in the same building as the paper making machine and a AM radio would work. David

Messages In This Thread
462ron - by 462ron - 09-01-2024, 07:49 AM
462ron - by 462ron - 09-02-2024, 07:04 AM
RE: Help understanding a 89 radio rebuild new guy - by David - 5 hours ago

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
Michael Katz - RadioGrilleCloth.com
Thanks Michael! I can't be there but hope many others are able to take advantage of the grill cloth availability.klondike98 — 04:05 PM
Living in Florida I enjoy the power outages from storms. The radio reception is wonderful. Things to look at a touch lam...David — 12:50 PM
Emerson question
If the antenna coil is open, this may also be the reason for the ability to pick up the same station on 2 different poin...MrFixr55 — 11:57 AM
Restoring Philco 38-12 in a white wood cabinet
A snag I hit.... I was about to plug it in and measure the voltages, when I thought to check the field coil just in cas...morzh — 11:29 AM
Emerson question
Mike is right. The only parts between the grid cap and the antenna are the band switch and the antenna coil. One or both...RodB — 08:15 AM
Well the utility company came and listened. Then worked for about 3 hours around the area trying to figure it out but c...Bruce B — 09:33 PM
1953 Music Masters 620-9 Australian Radio Restore
David Tipton from Australia sent ol'[ Buzz a radio to restore. part 1 is now up loaded  link below Buzz — 01:01 PM
This is cool! A digital replacement of 6U5 magic eye tube.
Not Philcos, no... Westinghouses, Zeniths, E.H. Scotts and such....morzh — 12:29 PM
Emerson question
It is possible that the antenna coil is open. It is also a known effect that the cap of the pentagrid, if touched, will...morzh — 12:26 PM
Emerson question
I am working on an Emerson 131am and was wondering why someone has attached a wire to the 6A7 tube grid cap. It appea...Phil27 — 12:18 PM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently 2379 online users. [Complete List]
» 2 Member(s) | 2377 Guest(s)

>