Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Help understanding a 89 radio rebuild new guy

Quote:They quit looking and said they will be back after they find some kind of radio they have somewhere.
If the noise source is not clearly evident with simple tools for the linemen they defer to the RF boys, they will return pinpoint the noise, then another crew makes the repair. The RF crew may return to close the job or not.

The Power company has strict protocols and pay grades for the groups of workmen. What seems like complacence if actually how it is done.

One has to have at least a 2 year degree and a 2nd class radio/telephone license to be on the RF crew...

It's very important that the equipment work properly, generating RF noise costs money and often leads to a catastrophic failure at sometime in the future...

They will be back, give at least two weeks, then call and find out, the crew chief may be on vacation...

Chas

Pliny the younger
“nihil novum nihil varium nihil quod non semel spectasse sufficiat”

Messages In This Thread
462ron - by 462ron - 09-01-2024, 07:49 AM
462ron - by 462ron - 09-02-2024, 07:04 AM
RE: Help understanding a 89 radio rebuild new guy - by Chas - 5 hours ago

Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
Restoring Philco 38-12 in a white wood cabinet
morzh — 09:13 PM
National grid / PSEG LI recently "upgraded" everyone's meters to electronic ones that are remotely read (thro...MrFixr55 — 09:13 PM
They quit looking and said they will be back after they find some kind of radio they have somewhere. If the noise s...Chas — 06:22 PM
Michael Katz - RadioGrilleCloth.com
Thanks Michael! I can't be there but hope many others are able to take advantage of the grill cloth availability.klondike98 — 04:05 PM
Living in Florida I enjoy the power outages from storms. The radio reception is wonderful. Things to look at a touch lam...David — 12:50 PM
Emerson question
If the antenna coil is open, this may also be the reason for the ability to pick up the same station on 2 different poin...MrFixr55 — 11:57 AM
Restoring Philco 38-12 in a white wood cabinet
A snag I hit.... I was about to plug it in and measure the voltages, when I thought to check the field coil just in cas...morzh — 11:29 AM
Emerson question
Mike is right. The only parts between the grid cap and the antenna are the band switch and the antenna coil. One or both...RodB — 08:15 AM
Well the utility company came and listened. Then worked for about 3 hours around the area trying to figure it out but c...Bruce B — 09:33 PM
1953 Music Masters 620-9 Australian Radio Restore
David Tipton from Australia sent ol'[ Buzz a radio to restore. part 1 is now up loaded  link below Buzz — 01:01 PM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

>