Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

HiFi (Chifi) tube amp build - but my own design.

https://schematicsforfree.com/files/Audi...Manual.pdf

This is Eico HF-22 schematic. One of the best output amps out there.
I own a couple, restored a few years ago. They sound great. No hum or anything.
It is an ultralinear topology.

As you can see, they do have B- at the GND, and it is not isolated from the chassis. The RCA inputs are bolted to it.

This is Mac, MC275. Same story. This is the original.
https://rubli.net/classic_amps/files/amp...ircuit.jpg

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

Messages In This Thread
462ron - by 462ron - 10-15-2024, 08:07 AM
RE: HiFi (Chifi) tube amp build - but my own design. - by morzh - 1 hour ago

Users browsing this thread: 1 Invisible User(s), 8 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
Delco car radio Peko vibrator converstion issues
Hello Chas, So first all the radio works just fine using he original vibrator. Far as that "panasonic brand 6800...radiorich — 08:36 PM
This is Eico HF-22 schematic. One of the best output amps out there. I own a couple, restored a few years ago. They sou...morzh — 08:22 PM
Restoring Philco 37-604C
I've cleaned that stuff, the "rendered" wire cloth stuck to other wires and the chassis. The previous photo is...morzh — 08:12 PM
Thanks Mike. I'm reading in AK and some other threads. I don't want to overthink and complicate things. Trying to keep i...TV MAN — 07:53 PM
Tim Unless your GND is B-, I am not sure they need to be tied together. Nothing's wrong with it either. But I would...morzh — 06:25 PM
Radiola 18 Amplifier & PS
The earlier "S" (balloon) bulb 226 could be "damaged" if it was dropped and did not break. The eleme...Chas — 06:15 PM
Alright, now jumping back on the subject of building an amp. I am going to reorder some resistors to get something that ...TV MAN — 02:25 PM
Restoring Philco 37-604C
These are my tools, have been in the shop for years. This is the tip of that screwdriver. It was given to me when I...morzh — 10:49 AM
Restoring Philco 37-604C
Ron I have all my tools in the same shop, in the open, anything from spanners and screwdrivers to chiesels, pliers,...morzh — 09:59 AM
462ron
That is strange for there to be that much difference between those to jigs of raw steel! I know my basement has caused a...462ron — 07:56 AM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

>