Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Delco car radio Peko vibrator converstion issues

Hello Chas,
So first all the radio works just fine using he original vibrator.
Far as that "panasonic brand 6800pf or .0068ufd metal film 1.6k v PP .
Part no. ECW-HA3C682H"
So you are saying this capacitor is not rated to use as a buffer capacitor ?
I contacted the guy from the electronic vibrator board he told me to try taking out the audio preamp tube to see if the noise was generated in the front end of the radio and it is still the same so it is in the poweramp section .
I will put the shield over the poweramp board and see if that helps .

my next step is to try 
Quote: to "bridge" the electrolytics with mylar or ceramic caps, as electrolytic caps are not necessarily good at filtering out high frequency noise.

Sincerely Richard
P.S. I also replaced the cloth wire power wire and lamp wire plus added a fuse holder .

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
Restoring Philco 37-604C
Hello mike, Wow the radio chassis is coming right along ! Sincerely Richardradiorich — 12:25 AM
HiFi (Chifi) tube amp build - but my own design.
Hello mike, yes , I have been wanting to build a amp for some time I do have a smaller amp that I built years ago . ...radiorich — 10:22 PM
Delco car radio Peko vibrator converstion issues
Hello Chas, So first all the radio works just fine using he original vibrator. Far as that "panasonic brand 6800...radiorich — 08:36 PM
This is Eico HF-22 schematic. One of the best output amps out there. I own a couple, restored a few years ago. They sou...morzh — 08:22 PM
Restoring Philco 37-604C
I've cleaned that stuff, the "rendered" wire cloth stuck to other wires and the chassis. The previous photo is...morzh — 08:12 PM
Thanks Mike. I'm reading in AK and some other threads. I don't want to overthink and complicate things. Trying to keep i...TV MAN — 07:53 PM
Tim Unless your GND is B-, I am not sure they need to be tied together. Nothing's wrong with it either. But I would...morzh — 06:25 PM
Radiola 18 Amplifier & PS
The earlier "S" (balloon) bulb 226 could be "damaged" if it was dropped and did not break. The eleme...Chas — 06:15 PM
Alright, now jumping back on the subject of building an amp. I am going to reorder some resistors to get something that ...TV MAN — 02:25 PM
Restoring Philco 37-604C
These are my tools, have been in the shop for years. This is the tip of that screwdriver. It was given to me when I...morzh — 10:49 AM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

>