Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

42-350 good volume & recept with pushbuttons tuner so so

Ok I re-alined, rechecked all voltages shown in schematic they are all within 2 to 3 volts. Looks like only plate voltages shown. Not knowing what to do next I injected a weak audio signal into the grid of 7B5 and got a good strong return from the speaker.
I'm a newbie so please bear with me. I'm thinking now I have a RF or reception problem. Still have better sound/reception on push button than manual tuning. Of course I have both set for the same local station. I checked all Band switch connection that I could find on drawing for position 2 broadcast they all showed continuity in the ohms range. While I was doing this I discovered if I touched the #1 lead of (10) the broadcast aerial trans. reception/ volume increases 100%. But is still lower in manual that push button tune. Push button sounds almost normal with a length of wire attached to this lead. By the way I can only receive 2 stations on SW and they are barely audible. I don't usually give up easy, but there has to be less aggravating hobbies Icon_lol All suggestion and comments welcome.
Thanks

Messages In This Thread