Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

BEAM OF LIGHT CHANGER REPAIR

I have a 41-608 changer that I just made a mount for working on it. After removing the changer from the cabinet I took a large piece of posterboard that i used to trace the outline of the hole that the changer sits in. I then transferred that to a piece of 3/4" plywood that was the same depth as the mount in the cabinet but about six inches wider. After transferring the traced outline to the plywood I cut out the hole with a jigsaw. Then I mounted the plywood on two pieces of 2x4 along the sides to stand it on. Works great for me and since I made it wider than the original I can flip it over and rest it on two old ammo cans to work on the underside. I'll try to attach a picture of my setup here too.

Hope this helps, and maybe you can help me: I've been working on the radios for a while but this is my first attempt at a changer. I can see that the idler that drives the platter needs replacing but how do I remove the platter to get to it? I don't see can c-clip or anything. Is it pressed on?

Messages In This Thread
BEAM OF LIGHT CHANGER REPAIR - by davidff - 09-12-2011, 09:50 AM
Re: BEAM OF LIGHT CHANGER REPAIR - by taxp00rrichard - 09-12-2011, 10:34 AM
Re: BEAM OF LIGHT CHANGER REPAIR - by davidff - 09-12-2011, 03:33 PM