Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I got a GE K85

Oh, a Canadian G.E, nice set but not easy to work on, other then the one knob and a few tubes it looks pretty complete, the cabinet should come up good, I think it's a 1933 model. That's one thing that I need for my collection, a six legged C.G.E console from 1933-34, preferably one of the square dial sets, I have an M81 and an M61 which are tombstones, and a parts chassis for one of the 12 tube consoles of that year. Believe it or not Canadian G.Es were not made by Canadian RCA even though they use the same chassis design, they were built in the G.E plant in Toronto jaust as the Canadian Westinghouse sets were built in Hamilton. With the American G.E sets it was a different story, up until 1936 they were built by RCA in Camden, New Jersey. I think it was related to an anti trust judgement against RCA in 1930, before that G.E and Westinghouse manufactured radios for RCA. Was there anything else radio related in that house? Chassis are of course made out of steel and a lot of early sets had steel cabinets, not to mention speakers, transformers, etc.
Regards
Arran

Messages In This Thread
I got a GE K85 - by Dan Walker - 09-21-2011, 09:55 PM
Re: I got a GE K85 - by TA Forbes - 09-21-2011, 10:41 PM
Re: I got a GE K85 - by Arran - 09-22-2011, 06:38 PM
Re: I got a GE K85 - by Dan Walker - 09-22-2011, 10:01 PM
Re: I got a GE K85 - by TA Forbes - 09-23-2011, 09:23 PM

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
Cannot Adjust an IF Transformer’s cores
The abilities of our 'Phorum Pholks" never ceases to amaze me! Fantastic fabrication, Joseph! I'm waiting now for...GarySP — 08:27 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Thanks. I never realized that was a notch noted in the schematic as described. I’ll recheck my wiring.bridkarl — 08:13 PM
Thank you! I was quite new to the Phorum when I started this post, so I feel like it might be advantageous to publish a ...jrblasde — 08:07 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Notice in the schematic the notch at the bottom of the antenna coil is between pins 3 & 4. Yes, pin 6 of the 7C6 is...RodB — 07:34 PM
bridkarl
I have two PT-6 chassis. On both there is a blue wire that runs from the above chassis transformer to pin 6 of 7C6. So t...bridkarl — 07:23 PM
Joseph, now you are an engineer!!RodB — 06:37 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Hi, reading your explanation I can see the confusion. If you take it one connection at a time it should result in a desi...RodB — 06:34 PM
It works! I received the PCBs this morning in the mail, and put everything together. I reused the base from the original...jrblasde — 04:32 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
I seem to have lost my way on this PT-6. I see the antenna aerial transformer schematic - I’m reading pins 1 through ...bridkarl — 12:30 PM
40-150 General questions
Good thing you're a good electrician ... the pictures show a lot of rewiring in your future! Take care and BE HEALTHY!...GarySP — 11:52 AM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently 4205 online users. [Complete List]
» 1 Member(s) | 4204 Guest(s)

>