Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Were There Different Runs Of The 40-190?

Thanks Glenn! I've got all the NA Riders paperwork and my own original Beitman schematics. All showing the 7J7. I know the 5Y3 isn't correct and why it was changed I don't know. 84 has a 5 pin socket and it was changes to a standard octal to support the 5Y3. Okay to run the 5Y3 but not with an aftermarket power transformer that's rated 250-0-250 on the hi-voltage outputs. If my memory serves me well the 5Y3 wants plate voltage of 350-0-350 for the hi-voltage. The transformer that's on it now has a big puddle of wax under it so I know it got very hot. Haven't checked winding resistance yet. Puddle of wax could have been from the original transformer. Just gettin' started on it and wanted to figure out this 7J7 issue 1st. A couple of resistors coming off of the 6J8 are color coded grn. stripe with brown body but they don't read anything with a "5" at the beginning. In fact they both read completely different by hundreds of ohms.

I'll get in touch with Chuck. His paperwork is always great.

Thanks again,
Pepper

"It's Nice To Be Nice To The Nice"
Major Frank Burns Mash 4077th

Messages In This Thread
Re: Were There Different Runs Of The 40-190? - by Pepperoni - 09-23-2011, 05:33 PM