Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Were There Different Runs Of The 40-190?

Thanks Fox! Find out when I get it up and running. I didn't realize a 5Y3 could run on 250-0-250. I just looked at the tube specs and the plates called out 350-0-350. Learn something new everyday. Been doing this for a good six years now and have worked on a lot of radios. Guess it takes a lifetime to even get close to being considered a pro at it. If there is such a thing.

EDIT: Thought I'd add this. It's my dilemna with the components associated with the 6J8. Pin 6 of the 6J8 has a violet, yellow, red resistor attached to it. 7.4K? It reads 4.6K. Out of tolerance? Who knows. Also on pin 6 of the 6J8 is a resistor with one end green and a brown body. It reads 226 ohms. What's the green for? Another resistor, same color code, green stripe at one end and brown body coming off of pin 7 of the 6J8 reads 165 ohms. Again what's the green for? These readings were taken with one end of each resistor isolated from the circuit. Can't wait to get Chucks paperwork and see if there's any addendum to the 6J8 addition.

Pepper

"It's Nice To Be Nice To The Nice"
Major Frank Burns Mash 4077th

Messages In This Thread
Re: Were There Different Runs Of The 40-190? - by Pepperoni - 09-24-2011, 08:44 PM