Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

49-1615 Radio and M-12c Record Player Cabinet

Mars, thank you for the quick response. I am really excited about restoring this radio and record player and was happy to come across this site last week.

Guess the mice like to party out on the music instead of with the music huh? Icon_smile

The rust is pretty bad. I'm assuming much of it was caused by mice pee and poo on this radio also. Will post a picture of it tomorrow afternoon when I have some extra time to get out the camera and fight the slow-to-upload computer. What did you use to clean the rust? I think that either way, whether it is necessary or not, I would like to get the rust cleaned off, even though nobody can see it I will know it is there, and we just can't have that ;)

Thank you for the tip on the electrolitics capacitors. I do have a parts list, thank goodness...otherwise I wouldn't even be attempting this. And I will check out these articles too, thank you!

As for the M-12c Record player...mine has two tone arms, which I am given to understand was typical of the model. One is for the old 78's and works with the changer to play up to 12 (?) records (78rpm), the other is for LP's (33 1/3 rpm) and will stop play at the end of each record, when the mercury switch is tripped to the off position. (at least that was what I understood from reading all the info with the schematics)

Messages In This Thread
Re: 49-1615 Radio and M-12c Record Player Cabinet - by jaysmomma - 10-01-2011, 12:00 AM