Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Need info on turntable for a 50-1720

(04-19-2012, 11:43 PM)Arran Wrote:  The changer in your machine looks like a VM unit from the 1960s, the original was a greenish blue colour. The good news is that it should not be too hard to find a parts unit with the proper changer and that handle, these sorts of sets have little or no collectable value among radio collectors so most people are trying to get rid of them. One of our group may even have one that they wish to part with, we sometimes buy package deals on sets and get stuck with things like this. I would keep your eyes open at garage sales as well.
Regards
Arran
Thanks Arran, I'll see if I can start browsing for VM changers that look like this one. This is going to be my first radio restoration I have worked on other audio visual equipment that are more recent (RCA selectavision Video disc players, Laserdisc players), but I am allured by the nostalgic qualities of old radios as my dad also did. I guess you can say this one is in memory of my dad and the ones to follow are for my children.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Need info on turntable for a 50-1720 - by tatateso - 04-21-2012, 12:07 PM