Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Big HEAVY lots of tubes - for 1931

Phlog, remember, I can't spell that name. Your pics have helped a lot on the big can. One question please, I have identified and replaced two of the three resistors. The small one, brown/green was cut off of one terminal with the attached wire to sub in a .1 cap. I suspect it was
to replace one of the .5 caps. Could you ID the placement of that resistor so I might have a chance to get the wire attached to the proper location?
Not able to identify the resistor by those colors and both ends off (one came off during recaping from the top side). would love to know which terminal of the power block each end goes to. Moving along slowly.
Edit and add.

OK, after taking out the resistor and looking at it, it is marked as a 150K. Measuring about 170K Schematic says 250K. The resistor although old and associated with the replacement of one of the .5 caps from underneath, doesn't really match the style of the other resistors. The connections were also not looking original. Perhaps someone just grabbed something that might have worked. I put back a 250K resistor. Hope that is right. I now know where it goes underneath after looking at a lot of Chuck's documentation. Onward and forward for the time being. Identifying other resistors underneath, most colors don't match anything I have seen. Working with the schematic I'm almost done tagging them with tape and values. Only one I have not figured out yet, but give me some time.

Jerry

A friend in need is a pest!  Bill Slee ca 1970.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Big HEAVY lots of tubes - for 1931 - by jerryhawthorne - 08-18-2012, 05:48 PM