Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Model 60 Woes continued

Gentlemen, thanks for the replies. Yes, it is a superhet as Ron R. mentioned. I have recapped it and repaired the antenna coil primary and replaced all resistors and tubes as necessary. I do know how to align and have gone over this a few times and the results are the same. ( I also know how to "rock" the low freq. padder) The low end of AM band is "insensitive" and does not pick up local 50KW stations very well at all no matter what the antenna length is. Also, stations tend to not be separated very well (bad selectivity) on lower end of AM band. I checked the IF cans for resistance and continuity and they all showed what the mfg. showed to be correct. Not sure where to go from here. I am not satisfied with it's reception. Sound is great. I'm sure it can do better. I have restored many radios in this era and am fairly sure what to expect for performance. Any additional help would be appreciated. Maybe something more advanced for me to check? How do I check the stage gain of the RF? Where is the best place to check the AVC voltage without detuning the RF circuit? What are the stage gains for this radio? None listed in mfg. literature. Thanks for the help. Best to you all. Ron (mccaffrp)

Messages In This Thread
Model 60 Woes continued - by Guest - 10-27-2007, 11:41 PM
[No subject] - by Texasrocker - 11-01-2007, 09:44 PM
[No subject] - by Ron Ramirez - 11-04-2007, 09:46 PM
[No subject] - by Guest - 11-16-2007, 10:20 PM
[No subject] - by Ron Ramirez - 11-16-2007, 10:28 PM