Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

46-1209 (Code 121) - A real "fixer"

Hi Michael,

Congrats on your new Philco! I have a 1947 model 47-1230 which is similar, and uses the same dial frame / push-button set up. My push-buttons looked a lot like yours. I'm attaching a pic of how mine turned out. [attachment=1771]

I used a station call letter sheet I purchased from Antique Electronic Supply years ago. Chuck Schwark posted a thumbnail of some sheets he has in this thread that might be even closer: http://philcoradio.com/phorum/showthread...etter+tabs
It appears they were a brown background with white letters. The one marked "PHONO" and "WMAQ" were the only originals I was able to salvage on my set. They slide into a slot in the side of the button. They do have a thin clear plastic cover over them, which I cut out from a clear plastic sheet protector (one of those like you'd put in a 3-ring binder). Just cut to size with an exacto-knife. I traced around one of the original call letter tabs to get the correct size.

The dial frame, or faceplate as you called it, is actual wood, and was stained (not a photo finish). I don't believe it's a veneer either, but my cabinet was salvagable as it was, so I didn't have to restain it.

Edited by site admin to fix link.

Greg V.
West Bend, WI
Member WARCI.org

Messages In This Thread
RE: 46-1209 (Code 121) - A real "fixer" - by NostalgiaRadioTime - 04-17-2013, 05:42 PM