Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 620 w/Brush Hushatone WWII Hospital Radio?

Milk Paint? It may have been. It was the toughest paint I have ever seen. I don't know what kind of paint it was, but they should paint nuclear bomb shelters with it! One entire can of citrus stripper, one can of chemical stripper, one half can of mineral spirits, five rolls of paper towels, six stripping pads, five #0000 steel wool pads and one ruined nylon brush later and it is almost stripped. The white paint would melt into the original finish and form some kind of black goo that was almost impossible to remove. And if the black goo dried, I had to add more stripper and start over. Nasty. nasty stuff...

The good news is that the armor of indestructible milk paint did a great job of protecting the wood underneath it. I will add a photo of the cabinet after it's cleaned up a bit.

The artist formerly known as Puhpow! 8)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Philco 620 w/Brush Hushatone WWII Hospital Radio? - by Jamie - 08-03-2013, 01:03 PM

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
Bakelite crack repair - what is best epoxy?
Thanks everyone. I appreciate you sharing your experience and looks like I'll work with the 24 hr two part clear epoxy....de371 — 10:25 PM
Jackson 665 j2 schematic request
Without a schematic its going to be hard tracing the wire wound spool resistors.daveone23 — 05:21 PM
Jackson 665 j2 schematic request
Looking for a schematic for the 665 j2 multimeter.daveone23 — 04:42 PM
Looking for place to donate unique Philco Philco J-1930 Prototype
>>I'll write to the Henry Ford. I heard, his secretary answers his mail, not he himself.morzh — 12:15 PM
Philco 48-200 alignment questions
Just checked the power cord and I did in fact wire it so the hot side (small prong) goes to the switch.transitony — 11:52 AM
Thanks for the suggestions.  I'll write to the Henry Ford.   That would certainly make sense since by the time this prod...jeibner — 11:49 AM
For what it's worth, the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village in Dearborn, Michigan may be an option. The obvious ...GarySP — 11:39 AM
Help with Readrite 410 tube tester
Mike and I just had a short discussion yesterday about this very subject. So often it's the connections. Ya gotta have t...RodB — 10:08 AM
We have a regional museum here in the Twin Cities called The Pavek Museum. They have an extensive collection of communic...RodB — 09:30 AM
Philco 89B code 123 newbie
I did some nosing around and found that the original caps were 4 3/4" long x 1 5/16" in dia. Guess what 1"...Radioroslyn — 09:28 AM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently 4764 online users. [Complete List]
» 1 Member(s) | 4763 Guest(s)

>