Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Loewe Opta type 3732w

Because they are German people often think they are worth ridiculous amounts of money, including the floor model ones. An 8 tube model is pretty middle of the road so $100 is a little much, if it were one with 12 tubes and motorized tuning it might be a different story. I don't really find that the average German set performs any better then a typical North American AC radio of the same period, I've never seen one with a tuned amplifier stage for the AM bands or extra IF amps for the same, most of the extra tubes in there are for the FM and audio circuits. Also just like the German cars many are also a real A-hole to work on, the main Achilles heel is those piano key bandswitches which they stupidly use to turn the set on and off. If you really like it I wouldn't go over $50 for it, but I would try to get it for less.
Regards
Arran

Messages In This Thread
Loewe Opta type 3732w - by GarySP - 08-23-2013, 11:35 AM
RE: Loewe Opta type 3732w - by Paul Philco322 - 08-23-2013, 06:33 PM
RE: Loewe Opta type 3732w - by Arran - 08-26-2013, 11:23 PM
RE: Loewe Opta type 3732w - by GarySP - 08-29-2013, 07:45 AM
RE: Loewe Opta type 3732w - by Arran - 08-30-2013, 11:59 PM

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[-]
Recent Posts
Cannot Adjust an IF Transformer’s cores
The abilities of our 'Phorum Pholks" never ceases to amaze me! Fantastic fabrication, Joseph! I'm waiting now for...GarySP — 08:27 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Thanks. I never realized that was a notch noted in the schematic as described. I’ll recheck my wiring.bridkarl — 08:13 PM
Thank you! I was quite new to the Phorum when I started this post, so I feel like it might be advantageous to publish a ...jrblasde — 08:07 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Notice in the schematic the notch at the bottom of the antenna coil is between pins 3 & 4. Yes, pin 6 of the 7C6 is...RodB — 07:34 PM
bridkarl
I have two PT-6 chassis. On both there is a blue wire that runs from the above chassis transformer to pin 6 of 7C6. So t...bridkarl — 07:23 PM
Joseph, now you are an engineer!!RodB — 06:37 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
Hi, reading your explanation I can see the confusion. If you take it one connection at a time it should result in a desi...RodB — 06:34 PM
It works! I received the PCBs this morning in the mail, and put everything together. I reused the base from the original...jrblasde — 04:32 PM
PT-6 antenna connections
I seem to have lost my way on this PT-6. I see the antenna aerial transformer schematic - I’m reading pins 1 through ...bridkarl — 12:30 PM
40-150 General questions
Good thing you're a good electrician ... the pictures show a lot of rewiring in your future! Take care and BE HEALTHY!...GarySP — 11:52 AM

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently 4150 online users. [Complete List]
» 2 Member(s) | 4148 Guest(s)

>